Pedras Rolantes

"A vida é aquilo que acontece enquanto estás demasiado ocupado a fazer outros planos" John Lennon



"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, yeah just sometimes, you can get what you need" The Rolling Stones



domingo, abril 05, 2009

Bitele-mania


Here I stand head in hand
Turn my face to the wall
If she's gone I can't go on
Feelin' two-foot small

Everywhere people stare
Each and every day
I can see them laugh at me
And I hear them say

Hey you've got to hide your love away
Hey you've got to hide your love away

How could I even try
I can never win
Hearing them, seeing them
In the state I'm in

How could she say to me
Love will find a way
Gather round all you clowns
Let me hear you say

Hey you've got to hide your love away
Hey you've got to hide your love away
Composed by Lennon/McCartney
( É uma das minhas preferidas, só o John é que canta. Não sei se é por ser triste ou por falar ao coração, sei que até a descobri primeiro no álbum vermelho (1º) dos Beatles para voz, guitarra e piano, e depois fui mesmo à procura da "original". Acho que soa mais "John" do que "Paul", e não só pela voz. Já ouvi uma 2ª versão do Eddie Vedder para o filme "I am Sam", quase, quase tão boa como.)
As palvras do Mestre John:
JOHN 1965: "One I do which I like is, 'You've Got To Hide Your Love Away.' But it's not commercial."
JOHN 1971: "It's one of those that you sort of sing a bit sadly to yourself, 'Here I stand/Head in hand.' I started thinking about my own emotions. I don't know when exactly it started, like 'I'm A Loser' or 'Hide Your Love Away,' or those kind of things. Instead of projecting myself into a situation I would just try to express what I felt about myself which I had done in me books. I think it was Dylan helped me realize that-- I had a sort of professional songwriter's attitude to writing Pop songs, but to express myself I would write 'Spaniard In The Works' or 'In His Own Write' --the personal stories which were expressive of my personal emotions. I'd have a separate 'songwriting' John Lennon who wrote songs for the sort of meat market, and I didn't consider them, the lyrics or anything, to have any depth at all. Then I started being me about the songs... not writing them objectively, but subjectively."
Isto e muito mais em www.beatlestube.net
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...